Would you like meaning, autonomy, camaraderie in your job? We are seeking an Intermediate-Senior Business Analyst with exceptional communication skills to join our team. As a Business Analyst at Quercus, you will be essential to building strategic relationships with our clients. Serving as the liaison between our clients and our technical team, it will be your responsibility to ensure that the solutions we deliver meet clients’ business needs and go above and beyond their expectations of quality. You will bring your knowledge and experience to all phases of system development, executed in an emerging Agile environment.
If you are passionate about your work, and looking to surround yourself with passionate people in a growing company that offers meaningful work, Quercus is the place for you! Please read through the job opportunity description below and if you are interested in being part of our dynamic team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you?
In a world of I.T. professional organizations, Quercus stands out. Yes, we offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and ongoing training opportunities. But more importantly: we want our employees to feel alive when they come to work, and we want them to go home at night with energy for their personal lives, too. Below are just a few more ‘perks’ to working with us:
- Enjoy taking some deserved time off for you and your family… Three weeks’ vacation per year to start.
- Need an extra long weekend for a getaway?... Time off in lieu of approved overtime.
- Extra Cash in your pocket at Holiday time!... Employee bonuses.
- Make use of our health spending account for items not covered under a regular benefit plan.
- Modern, relaxed, collaborative work culture; where toxins, barriers & judgments are kept to a minimum.
- Your imagination is recruited to its maximum with energized and experienced colleagues and mentors.
- Do you long to be in a trusting environment?... autonomy over your work.
- Love the latest and greatest tools to do your job?... We’ll give you what you need to do your job.
Success in this role will require that you develop a solid working knowledge of the company, our services and solutions and have the ability to work as a business partner cross-functionally to support the needs of the business as it evolves. The ability to establish credibility in the delivery of services and build effective relationships with all stakeholders quickly is crucial.
You will participate in the delivery of business solutions in the role of Business Analyst, responsible for:
- Liaising between our clients and our technical architects and developers,
- Elicitation, analysis, management and communication of requirements,
- Test case and test script development and supporting testing activities,
- Knowledge management governance planning and information architecture development, and
- Representing Quercus Solutions to its clients as a trusted partner who delivers business value. You will work from the Quercus offices and at the client site, as required.
Quercus is looking for candidates with an intermediate-senior level of experience for this role. The following are the minimum skills needed to apply for this position:
- Completed undergraduate degree, diploma or equivalent in business studies.
- 5-8 years experience as a practicing Business Analyst.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with in-depth knowledge of MS Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and high sense of initiative.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to deliver high-quality work.
- Must be willing to travel from time to time.
- Previous experience in a consulting organization and/or relevant, distinguished IT industry experience.
- Working knowledge of IT operating models and project methodologies such as ITIL, COBIT, Agile, Waterfall.
- Ability to do detailed tactical work but also the ability think strategically and consider the big picture.
- Experience working in dynamic team environments and adapting quickly to change.
- Experience mentoring other BA team members
- Experience and interest in performing strategic functions (such as planning)
- Experience taking a practical approach to adapting and implementing methodologies.
- Member of IIBA.
- CBAP, CCBA Certification.
Quercus Solutions Inc. is supportive of workforce diversity and encourages applications from qualified individuals.